2014 Annual Conference
Silent Auction Contribution Form
Who is the Hospice and Home Care Foundation of North Carolina?
The Hospice and Home Care Foundation of North Carolina (Foundation) is a non-profit foundation that was established in 1998 by the Association for Home and Hospice Care of North Carolina. Its primary purposes are: (1) to enhance community awareness of hospice and home care options; (2) to educate consumers, policymakers, and the public at-large about the hospice and home care industry; and (3) to conduct workforce improvement studies focused on hospice and home care programs.
What are the Foundation’s Goals?
The Foundation’s goals are as follows:
- To promote the hospice and home care industry
- To educate consumers on the hospice and home care industry through lectures, seminars, presentations, and programs across the state
- To provide knowledge and awareness to the general public about hospice and home care options through use of media and other resources
- To demonstrate the value of hospice and home care
- To conduct studies dealing with the technical, legal, administrative, economic, financial, and social health aspects of hospice and home care services and to publish the findings of such research
- To provide workforce development, training, and other assistance to hospice and home care service providers
- To ensure a qualified workforce and by advancing appropriate industry safety and standards of care
- To recognize individuals and organizations for their outstanding contributions to the hospice and home care industry
- To increase philanthropy efforts and development opportunities in order to more fully support the hospice and home care industry
How does the Foundation plan to accomplish its goals?
Possible efforts to accomplish the goals above may include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Host a caregiver conference for families and consumers
- Compile an economic impact study to examine the cost-effectiveness of hospice and home care
- Designate specific awards of recognition to acknowledge excellent service providers
- Provide quarterly training seminars for service providers
- Create an annual fundraising campaign
- Investigate advancements in technology for use in the hospice and home care industry
- Research labor pool shortages and identify possible initiatives to increase retention of experienced staff and improve recruitment efforts
Who are the Trustees of the Foundation?
The Foundation is made up of nine trustees who are educated and experienced members of the hospice and home care community
How is The Foundation funded?
The Foundation is supported by individual and corporate donations, special fundraising events, and private and public grants
The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
Contact Information for the Foundation:
3101 Industrial Drive, Suite 204
Raleigh, North Carolina 27609
Phone: (919) 848-3450
Fax: (919) 848-2355