Home Care Licensure Training
Licensure Applicant Training Class Fees & Information
MORATORIUM ON HOME CARE AGENCY LICENSES FOR IN‑HOME AIDE SERVICES
SECTION 12G.1.(a) Section 12G.4(a) of S.L. 2014‑100 reads as rewritten:
"SECTION 12G.4.(a) For the period commencing on the effective date of this section, and ending June 30, 2019, and notwithstanding the provisions of the Home Care Agency Licensure Act set forth in Part 3 of Article 6 of Chapter 131E of the General Statutes or any rules adopted pursuant to that Part, the Department of Health and Human Services shall not issue any licenses for home care agencies as defined in G.S. 131E‑136(2) that intend to offer in‑home aide services. This prohibition does not apply to companion, sitter, or respite services and shall not restrict the Department from doing any of the following:
(1) Issuing a license to a certified home health agency as defined in G.S. 131E‑176(12) that intends to offer in‑home aide services.
(2) Issuing a license to an agency that needs a new license for an existing home care agency being acquired.
(3) Issuing a license for a new home care agency in any area of the State upon a determination by the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services that increased access to care is necessary in that area."
SECTION 12G.1.(b) This section is effective when it becomes law.
Our Training is Second-to-None, Taught by an Experienced, Well-Respected Expert in YOUR Industry!
Kathie Smith, RN, is the Vice President of State Relations, Home & Community Based Care with the Association for Home & Hospice Care of NC. Ms. Smith has extensive experience in Medicare and Medicaid home health compliance and regulatory requirements. Mrs. Smith is certified in integrated chronic disease management, is a master training in Coaching Supervision and serves on the North Carolina management team for the Personal and Home Care Aide State Training (PHCAST) grant which has developed Home Care Specialty training for NC aides. Mrs. Smith served on the NC Better Jobs Better Care partner team that developed the NC New Organizational Vision Award (NC NOVA), a workforce development program for direct care workers. Ms. Smith serves on numerous NC Department of Health and Human Services Regulatory committees and served on the NC Institute of Medicine committee regarding NC's implementation of the Affordable Care Act. Ms. Smith is a frequent state and national speaker on topics related to Home Care Licensing rules, regulations, laws, and payer source policies.
Licensure Applicant classes taught by the Association for Home & Hospice Care of NC offer nurse contact hours for nurses attending the entire class.
The Association for Home & Hospice Care of NC (AHHC) (AP#034) is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the North Carolina Nurse's Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
It is important for agencies to become members of their state Association to receive regulatory and legislative updates, as well as education to advance your business, member discounts from trusted vendors, and advocacy at the state and federal levels! AHHC has 44 years of experience in leading and advocating for home care! Our staff have more than 185 years of combined expertise!
$625 per agency – covers registration for 2 agency representatives * note, one of the attendees must be the agency owner OR
$725 per agency – covers registration for 2 agency representatives PLUS Two 15-minute consultative calls
$300 for each additional representative from a registered agency (must attend the same day)
$499 per policy manual – when you purchase the manual within 30 days following the class
- Includes important policies, templates and samples to get you started and save you hundreds of dollars in time, consultants and other resources
- Includes an electronic version of policies and templates for ease in making policies specific for your agency
- Attendees will receive an licensure application and instruction will be given during class as to how to complete it.
Licensure Applicant Training Classes – [Registration Form]
August 17, 2016
September 14, 2016
October 19, 2016
To understand the licensure process, please read the information posted at each link below.
NEW! Medicaid PCS Provider Enrollment Training – [Registration Form]
After becoming a licensed home care agency, In-home Aide Agencies may also be interested in enrolling with NC Medicaid as a personal care services provider. However, even if you are not yet licensed for in-home aide services, you will find this 4-hour workshop helpful in covering the necessary steps in enrolling with NC Medicaid as a Personal Care Services Provider (PCS) provider. The workshop will also cover highlights of the Medicaid PCS clinical coverage policy, including an overview of the role of the NC Medicaid PCS Independent Assessment Entity and their role in assessing Medicaid beneficiaries for eligibility for Medicaid PCS services.
The topics to be covered are:
- Requirements for enrolling with NC Medicaid as an enrolled provider, the role of Computer Science Corporation (CSC- NC tracks) in enrolling providers
- Review of the provider enrollment agreement
- Review of the education provided by NC tracks in preparation for provider enrollment
- On site visit requirements for becoming enrolled with NC Medicaid as a provider
- Review of the NC Medicaid clinical coverage policy 3L- requirement for physician referral, service plan requirement, Quality Improvement requirement, Attestation requirement for providing services to patients with cognitive disorders, other policy highlights
- Review of the NC Medicaid Independent assessment entity (currently Liberty Healthcare Corporation)
- Review of the PCS provider portal and registration required for PCS providers through QiReport
- General overview of NC Medicaid Program Integrity section and review of pre and post payment review audits
The class is offered on the following dates from 9:00am-1:00pm:
The class is $229 per person. The following discounts apply:
- $50 off if you’ve attended the AHHC Licensure Applicant Training Class (with verification)
- $100 off if you are a member of AHHC
Please call 919.848.3450 or 800.999.2357 with additional questions.